Happy Friday everyone! And yes, the title of this post is a Star Wars reference lol. Normally today would be a Fashion Friday post, but today is special because I am honored to receive another Liebster Award!
Even though I have already been nominated for one of these before, it’s still so awesome and encouraging to receive another. Now that I have been working harder to make writing and blogging a priority, this has come at just the perfect time (God is good)!
I just want to give a huge thank you to Leslie over at Forever Joyful for nominating me! Her blog is dedicated to helping families point their children toward Christ through learning ideas. You should really check her out when you get the chance 🙂
The Liebster Award is passed from blogger to blogger as a source of encouragement. Who doesn’t love to be encouraged? Each Liebster Award recipient should:
- Post the award to her blog
- Answer the nominating blogger’s ten question interview
- Nominate 3-10 other bloggers with fewer than 3,000 followers whom she wants to encourage
- Create ten questions for the new nominees.
Okay, so now’s the fun part. Time to answer Leslie’s awesome questions!
- What is your favorite memory associated with blogging?
My favorite memory is probably whenever I received an inspiring comment or an award like this!
2. What is the biggest challenge you’ve overcome in blogging?
The biggest challenge I have overcome so far is the fear of expressing myself. I now know that God wants me to share the truth of His word and my feelings–whether everyone likes them or not.
3. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
My favorite aspect of blogging is being able to share my life and worldview with others, and being able to connect with the blogging community.
4. How has your blog impacted your family?
My family and friends have always been very supportive of me, and they always give me encouragement or ideas for posts.
5. What is your top blogging goal for 2016?
My top blogging goal(s) are to stay on schedule and to focus more on connecting with other bloggers. One way I am doing this is by the #GoLoveSomeone Challenge!
6. If you could sum up your life priorities in five words, what would they be?
Jesus, family, art, school, work.
7. What is your favorite book (other than the Bible) and why?
This is such a difficult question! I feel that this changes based on the season of my life. Right now I just finished the book, All for Anna by Nicole Deese (which is free right now on Amazon Kindle!). I loved it so much because it is about a nurse who has to overcome a bad car accident where a young girl dies and the post traumatic stress disorder she endures from it. I can really relate to the way she struggles to open up and surrender her life to God.
8. What is your favorite Scripture and why?
I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore (Psalm 121:1-8 NKJV).
This whole Psalm is symbolic of the strength and faithfulness God gives me. I discovered it around the time my Grandpa died, and it was a real comfort then. I’m sure this will always be my life verse!
9. What should we be teaching our children about how to become better writers?
Teach them their worth in Christ first, or else they will never express themselves to their full potential. Then I would encourage them to write without fear of judgment–just let it flow from the heart.
10. Share a fun random fact.
Okay, so fun fact about me: I’m on a gluten and dairy free diet (as well as a few other restrictions) for my IBS. Any other GF/DF readers on here?
- valOvalO–She’s a brand new blogger who is very creative. She is definitely good at expressing her identity in Christ.
- Katarina of Quiet Ponderings of a Wondering Heart. She’s a teenage blogger with some seriously inspirational posts and interesting book reviews.
- Giovanna of giovannaventola.com. Are you looking for health and fitness inspiration? Giovanna is a personal trainer who writes beautifully about her passion.
- Beckie of Spotlight. She’s a Christian writer as well as a wife and mother. She writes about spiritual inspiration among other topics.
- Mfon of Dainty M. She’s a Christian blogger who is super relatable. She writes on several different topics from spiritual inspiration to hairstyles!
- Stephanie of StyledBySteph96. She is a very beautiful young woman with a classy, feminine, yet edgy sense of style.
Your Questions (Which may be very random):
- Why did you start blogging?
- What other forms of writing do you like to practice (if any)?
- Coffee or tea?
- Do you have any other artistic interests/hobbies?
- What is your biggest New Year’s resolution?
- Do you keep a journal or diary?
- What is your favorite blog post that you have written so far?
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
- What is the name and artist of the last song you listened to?
- What is the best dream you ever had?
Okay, have fun! Although I follow some amazing bloggers, these are the ones who have been catching my eye most recently. Thanks for taking the time to read this post:) I hope that everyone here will check out these cool blogs. Have a great weekend!