Hello lovely readers and followers! Today is a very special Friday because I have two announcements:
- I am honored to be a contributing author for Rethink, a website that challenges thinking on God, the church, and culture. You can find my first post here.
- I’ve been nominated for my third Liebster Award!
Fellow blogger and friend Courtney from 1 Timothy 4:12 Girl has nominated me for this Liebster Award. She is a Christian blogger who is very passionate about her faith and is super sweet. Please check out her blog when you get the chance 🙂
The rules are
- Answer the 11 questions you are provided with by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers who have less than 500 followers.
- Post the Liebster award to your blog.
The questions are
1.What is the funniest thing that has happened to you?
I’m sure that this isn’t the funniest thing to happen to me, but it is incredible. I absolutely HATE running, but one year in high school my friends tried to convince me to join track with them. I even went to track practice to watch them and took the forms home. Of course I never filled them out or went back, but somehow I ended up on the roster anyway…with perfect attendance! Just to be funny, I went with my friends to where the coach was handing out awards. I thought I should get one for my perfect attendance, but sadly I didn’t :p
2. What is your dream job?
A writer (guess I’m on my way!) and a Christian counselor.
3. What is your favorite song and why?
My favorite songs change by my mood and what’s going on in my life. Currently I’m loving:
Unsteady—Vitamin String Quartet tribute to X Ambassadors.
This song rocks, but string instruments take it to a new soulful level. I’m going through a hard time right now with my Grandma being very ill, so I can relate with the unsteadiness of life.
Gracious Tempest—Hillsong Young and Free (This song is incredible).
4. Do you have any pets and if so what are they like?
This is Luna Belle. She’s a fat cat who loves Bibles, pens, and taking up half of my bed. She’s very chatty and sassy ^_^ I also have a shy parakeet named Sunny Dee.
5. Are you a night owl or early bird? How early do you wake up or how late do you stay up?
I’m a night owl for sure (a very common family trait). That is also when I am my most creative. I try to go to sleep by midnight, but that can be hard. I normally wake up between 8:30-9:00am in the summer, but when fall semester starts I will have to wake up earlier.
6. When you were little did you have imaginary friends? What were they like?
I had major crushes on Freddie from Scoobie Doo and Batman when I was a little girl. They were also my imaginary boyfriends lol.
7. What is your favorite food? And your favorite dessert?
I love breakfast food, and I have an obsession for peanut butter. Ice cream is my favorite dessert, followed by s’mores.
8. What are your beliefs?
I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and died on the cross to save me from my sins. He is my Lord and Savior. I believe in the power of grace, and that God’s grace is the only thing that can truly free us. I believe that everyone has beauty in them, and that they are worth trying to save. I believe in being strong when everything is falling apart. I believe in being kind–even to those who don’t deserve it. I believe in hugs. And I believe that God can work miracles–even today.
9. What are the things you stand for?
Jesus Christ, the Gospel, faith, love, mercy, grace, freedom, and truth.
10. What is the most important character trait in someone?
Honesty. If someone can be honest with themselves and others, then it opens the door to communication, trust, and respect. Honesty also keeps us humble.
11. Who is your role model in life?
Of course Jesus Christ is the one I strive to be most like. An earthly role model would be my Mother, who lives and breathes with strength and grace.
The new nominees are
I guess you all can answer the same questions, as they are pretty awesome!
Thanks for reading! Please feel free to comment and share 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe by email so you never miss a post!