24 Lessons on Love, Life, and Faith
Today is a special day, lovely readers and followers. It’s my 24th birthday and I get to share it with you! I know there are so many ideas for birthday posts out there, but I hope this one will inspire and encourage you.
Today is a day of celebration, ice cream (hopefully), and reflection. I want to reflect on 24 life lessons I’ve learned over the years–but with a twist. These 24 nuggets of God-given wisdom will be spread out evenly in the categories of love, life, and faith. I hope you enjoy!
1. Never settle for less than God’s best for you. The person you’re dating might be nice, but he’s not necessarily the right one for you.
2. Keep friendships as a healthy priority when you’re in a relationship. Good friends build you up, and without them, you won’t reach your full potential in life.
3. Never compromise who you are or your beliefs for another person. This applies to all relationships.
4. Pray and do devotionals with your boyfriend/fiance/husband every day. God will move in amazing ways when you take the time to honor Him.
5. Planning a wedding is fun and an important step, but planning for your marriage is what really matters.
6. Be with someone who makes you laugh. Life is too short not to enjoy the adventure.
7. It’s never too late to honor God and yourself with purity. Don’t let any mistakes from the past hinder you. Everyone falls short in this area; however, everyone is redeemable.
8. Make Jesus your first love, and when you’re ready, He will lead you to the one you should marry.
(Like this post? SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL for more!)
1. Take a moment to look up at the sunset or the stars in the night sky. It puts life into perspective.
2. Animals are one of the most precious gifts God has given us. Treat them with love and kindness and you will be blessed.
3. If you have a passion for something, then go for it. Maybe you’ll make money from it, maybe you won’t. At least you’ll be living your life with passion.
4. Live life with balance. Fruits and veggies are important, but so is pizza. Don’t argue with me here. I know what I’m talking about.
5. You can’t fail if you never stop trying. Keep moving forward. This nugget was inspired by the Disney movie, Meet the Robinson’s. You need to see this movie.
6. Quit comparing your life or “progress” with others. Live for God instead–it’s way more fulfilling.
7. You don’t need to have life all figured out upon graduating high school. Life is unpredictable, and that is what makes it so incredible.
8. Learn to love yourself and focus less on your outward appearance. It only distracts you from the things that really matter.
1. God wants to build your character and your faith. Sometimes this will mean trials and stepping out of your comfort zone. This is hard, but so worth it.
2. Sometimes you will have doubts. That’s okay. The important thing is to tell God and keep seeking Him. Faith is found in the waiting.
3. Sometimes the best prayer is, “Jesus, I need you.”
4. The Word of God always has the final say. Don’t let lies from the devil or another person dictate your worth.
5. Don’t be afraid to dance and be wild and free in worship. David of the Bible gave his all to God, and so should we.
6. You’re never going to have Christianity all figured out. Just keep walking and keep growing.
7. You really can do anything through Christ. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
8. No matter who you are or what you’ve done, Jesus wants you. He died to save you from your sins. Jesus wants to heal, restore, and love you to wholeness.
There you go! Some life lessons from me to you. God is still working these lessons into my heart, and I’m so grateful. Do you have any nuggets of wisdom to share with me on my birthday? Please comment below!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below 🙂
(Photography by Canva and delfi de la Rua)
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL so you never miss a post!
Connect with me on Instagram @fearfullywonderfullyme
**I’m on Twitter!** Follow me @Emily_Susanne1
Hey, I missed to wish you! May God bless you amazingly dear!
You amazingly write and can influence many to Christ! Really appreciate you! Keep inspiring 🙂
Thanks so much Sara! I appreciate you too and your kind words. 🙂
Hey Emily, my nugget of wisdom is to always be yourself, no matter what the sitsuation. Even if being someone else will gain you friendships and popularity, in the end it’s not you who’s popular, it’s the fake person you’ve created. So why not instead choose to be you in the hard times and be love and appreciated for who you really are?
That is a powerful truth Lou! At the end of the day, we must learn to love ourselves since the Creator of the universe does. Thank you for sharing 🙂
Love your points. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET EMILY! Wishing you many, many blessings.
Thank you so much Beckie! God bless you too 😊
Happy Birthday Emily!