Hello lovely readers and followers! I know it’s been a while since I posted, but life has been…life. There are twists and turns that take you up and down in ways that you can never imagine. Although a lot of these twists and turns have been challenges, I can see the growth and blessings behind every single one of them.
As many of you know, I am recovering from a broken elbow. This has made writing difficult, but not impossible. A few weeks ago I also lost my beloved cat, Lunabelle. I have never felt such pain before, and I know my family has experienced a lot of loss lately. Despite everything, God has shown His faithfulness to me. And I want to celebrate that in this post.
I have modified the rules a little bit in order to make this post easier on my arm, and I decided to take my 5 favorite questions from each blogger. Since I know so many blogs who have gotten Liebster awards, I will not nominate 11. If you would like to participate, please feel free to nominate yourself and tag me in your post!
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
5. Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
1. What is your favorite animal?
I’m a huge animal lover, but I would have to say that cats are my favorite. I’m just a crazy cat lady. Lunabelle was my first cat, and I’m so grateful God gave her to me.
2. Favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite aspect of blogging is interacting with the readers. Your comments mean the world to me. I love to see God moving through the words that I write. It gives me so much joy.
3. Share something you love about yourself.
I love how I’m a caring person who has great empathy for others. It can be hard, as it makes me more sensitive. But I know that it is a strength.
4. Share a vision you have for your future you.
In the future, I see myself publishing a novel. I also hope to see myself getting married and having many adventures with Jesus.
5. Tell me 3 things you are grateful for.
I am grateful for God’s grace, my family and loved ones, and books!
1. What are your Christmas traditions?
I know the holidays are over, but I thought this was a fun question. I love putting up the Christmas tree with my brother and sister-in-law and hiding the pickle ornament. It’s a German tradition that came from my Grandma Jean, who passed away last year. The one who finds the pickle first gets to open up their present first.
2. What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
My New Year’s resolutions are to write daily (I’m slowly getting there LOL) and to find hope in each day.
3. What was the last movie you saw?
I honestly can’t remember. I don’t watch a lot of movies. But I did watch the Twilight Zone TV series recently and found it pretty interesting!
4. What was your best moment from 2017?
I suppose one of my best moments was falling in love… and not just with my boyfriend. I think I fell more in love with my friends, family, and God this year than ever before.
5. What was one of your most difficult challenges in 2017?
The challenge from 2017 that I’m still struggling with is losing Luna. Learning to trust God while recovering from my injury has also been a struggle, but a huge blessing.
Questions for My Nominees
- Why is writing/blogging so important to you?
- Do you have any pets? If not, would you want to adopt a pet?
- What is one band or musician who you are obsessed with?
- How do you feel about New Year’s resolutions?
- Do you journal?
- Name something you are passionate about.
- What is the last book you’ve read?
- Who in your life has been an encouragement to you lately?
- What is your favorite way to practice self-care?
- Where have you traveled? If you don’t travel much (like me), where would you like to go?
- How do you feel about winter?
Here you go! I’m excited to read all of your responses. I pray that everyone reading this has a blessed and healthy New Year.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below 🙂
Connect with me on Instagram @fearfullywonderfullyme
**I’m on Twitter!** Follow me @Emily_Susanne1
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL so you never miss a post!